Local authorities are already required to publish, under the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, the following information with regard to senior salaries:
• The number of employees whose remuneration in that year was at least £50,000 in brackets of £5,000
• Details of remuneration and job title of certain senior employees whose salary is at least £50,000
• Employees whose salaries are £150,000 or more must also be identified by name
• In addition to this requirement, local authorities must place a link on their website to these published data or place the data itself on their website, together with a list of responsibilities (for example, the services and functions they are responsible for, budget held and number of staff) and details of bonuses and ‘benefits-in-kind’, for all employees whose salary exceeds £50,000.
Currently, Salisbury City Council has one post where remuneration is £50,000 or greater and that is the post of the Interim City Clerk which sits within the bracket of £55,000 to £60,000. The Interim City Clerk’s principal areas of responsibility are:
• Strategic leadership of the city council, working with Members, staff, partners and other tiers of local government to develop a clear vision and long term aims for the city and the city council
• Management of service performance, ensuring targets are achieved and contributing to delivery of corporate priorities
• Lead work with key partners ensuring delivery of agreed objectives and targets
• Monitoring of all revenue and capital budgets for the council, achieving the financial objectives set by the Council
• Management of contract letting for all capital and revenue contracts and tenders, achieving best value
• Work with the senior management team to identify and develop business opportunities.
• Provide advice to the Mayor and City councillors on matters of civic protocol, statutory powers and public affairs generally
• Oversee the arrangements of, and where appropriate participate in, civic ceremonial events
Salisbury City Council does not pay bonuses or benefits in kind to employees.